Our play policy
We want children to enjoy the freedom of the great outdoors and have the best day ever! Therefore, all of our play areas are designed to provide a stimulating and challenging environment which involves some risk.
Please follow our PLAY RULES
All children must be accompanied by a responsible adult (18 +) William’s Den does not accept responsibility for the supervision of children. One adult can be responsible for a maximum of 5 children - supervision ratios are entirely the decision of the responsible adult.
The recommended minimum age for each piece of play equipment varies, therefore it is up to the responsible adult to decide whether a piece of equipment is suitable for an individual child and supervise children in EVERY area at all times.
For security, all people entering The Den must have a visible wristband visible.
Please leave badges, jewellery and other objects with a responsible adult. Glasses should only be worn if they have shatterproof lenses, and long hair tied up.
Clothes with ropes/ties and cords should not be worn in the play areas.
William’s Den is made of natural materials, please wear sensible shoes when using the play equipment and clean off muddy/sandy footwear before entering “The Den”.
We recommend that children wear practical outdoor clothing suited to the weather. Be prepared to get muddy/wet and bring a change of clothes and a towel!
Please do not play in front of slide exits or climb up the slides – use the play equipment correctly.
- No smoking/vaping is allowed anywhere on site as we are a family friendly attraction.
- Only registered guide/assistance dogs are allowed into William’s Den.
- No food, drink or chewing gum should be taken onto any play areas.
- Children should wash their hands before using the play area and before eating. Anyone who is unwell should not enter the play area.
- Nappy changing and potty use should be conducted in the baby changing area where nappy bins are provided.
- Please report any accidents or spillages to a member of the team to ensure that we can help.
- Only food purchased at William’s Den may be consumed in our restaurant areas. You may take picnics outside to one of the designated areas, please note glassware is only permitted inside the restaurants. No glassware is allowed outside.
- We are an environmentally kind centre so please put your litter in the bins provided.
Any guests failing to adhere to our Play Policy will be asked to leave the premises if their behaviour puts the safety of staff or others at risk. We will not tolerate abusive or threatening behaviour towards our team or other guests.
For your safety and security CCTV monitoring is in operation throughout the site.
Our play areas have been inspected and risk assessed by various experts and undergo a regular maintenance programme. Should you need to report anything relating to our play areas please inform a member of staff.
At William's Den, all children must be accompanied by an adult and adults must be accompanied by at least one child too!
The William’s Den team will ensure your children are having a great time, but they are not a replacement for parental supervision. Every consideration has been given for the safety of children using William’s Den, but we cannot be held responsible for accidents which occur as a result of playing on the equipment, lack of supervision or misuse.
It is not practical to list all conditions of entry, if in doubt please ask a member of staff. All management decisions are final and non-negotiable.